CURRENT COLLECTED INFORMATION
ABOUT THE BALTIC SEA ANOMALY
The information gathered is collected information about the object known as the “Baltic Sea Anomaly”. It has been collected from radio interviews with the Ocean X team members, direct quotes from them taken from news articles, as well as personal comments, videos and interviews from the team members posted on their ‘Official Ocean X Team Facebook Discussion Group’ https://www.facebook.com/groups/OceanXteam
FACTS ABOUT THE BALTIC ANOMALY
“It is not an object which is man made in modern time. What ever it is it’s either from during the ice age or pre-ice age.” – Peter Lindberg, February 24, 2013 “The object is older than 140.000 yrs. Older than that… with straight angles/lines – rounded corners… much like a “dinner plate” and separate from the base below.” – Dennis Asberg, September 28, 2012
There are THREE objects of interest – 1) the main 60 meter circular anomaly, 2) a smaller secondary object lying approx. 200 meters from the 1st anomaly with an area shaped like two “Gothic church windows” and 3) a third anomaly – a 28 meters high and 275 meters wide rock outcrop with a crack running through it, lying some 1500 metres South of the circular object, direct on the other end of the “trail”. The team has stated Anomaly 2 might turn out to be the most interesting than the first, and they plan to dive on it this time around. (http://truthfall.com/baltic-anomaly-oceanx-team-update/)
THE CIRCULAR OBJECT:
- The object lies at approx. 85-90 meter depth in international waters between Sweden & Finland
- Conditions at site are poor – visibility is low – 2-3 feet, low light levels, low temperatures.
- 60 meter in diameter, 4 meters thick
- Perfectly round, somewhat flattened dome-shaped object made of a “rock-like” substance, although it is not a rock formation. There are rock formations, which appear on the surface of the object. (This is what a sample was taken of on the second expedition, NOT of the circular object itself. “They hammered off a couple of pieces from a huge rock formation on top of the circle, but it seems like that part is not really a part of the larger circular body. We were thinking that if it is a volcano the material with the smooth surface maybe was basalt and that the rocks on top were ordinary rock that has been broke and pushed up on top of the magma. But since the divers hardly could not see anything they just took samples from where they landed and that was on the highest point.” – Peter Lindberg, July 22, 2012)
- The object seems to be very very old, rare and something the crew has never seen before. (Peter Lindberg feels that it could be Pre-ice age.) “I think you must think of this object being there for a very long time, natural or made in some way.” – Peter Lindberg, July 22, 2012
- “When I say the anomaly is not a rock i mean that it is not a solid block of granite or some other “stone”. (like ayers rock in Ausralia) That is the definition I have of a rock. The anomaly is made of some other material which I do not know what it is but I´m sure there are several different materials @ the sight, you have 5-10 meter deep layer of clay, that lies on top of the Scandinavian rock. On top of the clay lies this anomaly, and on top of the anomaly small stones of different kind.” ~ Stefan Hogeborn November 13, 2012 When asked if the anomaly was metal, Peter Lindberg answered, “Nothing like any metal I know any way.” June 8, 2012
- It seems like the circle is covered in a very thin layer of sediment, but at certain locations the silt is thicker, nearly like clay. I guess that the currents can stir the silt up at these locations. When the divers scraped it off a blackish surface appeared underneath.
- Nearly the entire anomaly seems to be of the same material except a piece of cliff where I have marked the black ring for the hole and the blue ring where the the drop weight landed on the second dive. (south on the anomaly). The team is not sure if it is just rocks which are laying on the anomaly or if it is a part of it.
- The surface of the circle is not entirely smooth, in some places it is cracking. It appears to be covered in some type of hard cement-like substance, mineral deposit. After being chipped, the interior of object is black, like volcanic rock, almost petrified inside. Material is very hard, not simple stone, described as “preserved rock”. Hogeborn describes the sense of carbonized material.
- The object has rounded sides with rugged edges (not smooth). “It’s like someone has pinched the mountain at the edge, as if you have moulded together two molds, and it sticks out stones between the molds”,- Stefan Hogeborn. “We can see this phenomena at several different points on the anomaly. It appear to occur where we have these structural corridoors, cracks and such things.” – Peter Lindberg
- There are two round holes in the circle. One is 30 cm wide, and the other is approx. 2 meters wide and surrounded by a square formation of 2 x 2 meters.
- There are not only straight lined formations on the circle, there appear to have construction lines and boxes drawn on it.
- 90 degree angle corridors 1.5 meters in height and 3 meter wide, which are cut into the object.
- Divers said there was a “blackish” powder that had been attracted to the cameras.
- Looks like something has been very hot down there, so that the stone has melted. Dennis believes this to be true because “some stones look like their up side is burned. Also the blackish material which looks like it has been poured out gives the sense that it might been some heat down there.” – Peter Lindberg, July 4, 2012“The surface of the (circular) object has cracks in it in some places 1-2 inches wide, and in these cracks, it looks like something has poured out like magma…If the magma had come out before the ice age, it should have been scraped away by the ice, but now it’s there like it poured out yesterday.” – Earthfiles interview with Peter Lindberg ” As you understand it is very much in this that points toward this not being just a “stone formation”. “The cracks seams not to be irregular, they seams to go vertically or horizontally. Behind them you can see a blackish colored mineral(?) with the structure of old wooden planks.” – Peter Lindberg, June 21, 2012
- Dennis said that a volcano is possible, however according to researchers, there has never been a volcanic activity in the Baltic Sea. Also, the object they found doesn’t look like a volcano because of the perfect circular form of it and also because of the 90 degree angles. Peter Lindberg, on the other hand feels they have found volcanic activity (see below) and this volcano-like mountain (approx. 2 km away from the anomaly) will be looked at on their next expedition.This image is actually a part of the anomaly, and appears as one of the “blobs” on the south-east side of the side scan image. This area was measured and it is approx 1,5 meters high from the top of the ridge, which as seen as a flat area in the lower right of the image. The ridge wraps around right up against the anomaly, its highest point on the south side of the anomaly.
“The entire anomaly has a thin layer of silt on it and when the divers scraped it off a blackish surface appeared underneath. Nearly the entire anomaly seams to be of the same material except a piece of cliff where I have marked the black ring for the hole and the blue ring where the the drop weight landed on the second dive. We do not know if that rocks just lays on the anomaly or if it is a part of it.“There is nearly no silt at all on the anomaly, just a very thin layer. You can clearly see the structure of the surface through the silt. I as diver would refer it to what you find on ships hull. You can clearly see the color but when you brush with your hand over the surface you notice it is a “slimy” layer on it.” – Peter Lindberg 2/24/2013
- 90 DEGREE RIGHT ANGLES
- he circular object rests upon a 8 meter tall pillar/foundation. “The foundation is more that it has “popped up” like a cork or it has always been there but being partly exposed by the ice or currents. It is more of a solid cliff than bottom being pushed together to a conglomerate”- Peter LindbergThe foundation increases in thickness, to a dimension of 56 meters near the top where it meets the object. On one side of circle (front), the object is extending approximately 4-6 meters off from pillar. The object does not appear to be connected to the pillar. There is a wedge formed gap between the upper part (the circle) and the lower part (pillar foundation). Looks like granite, surface of anomaly is made of different material than pillar. “During the last expedition it was confirmed that there is a wedge formed gap between the upper part (the circle) and the lower part (foundation/pillar). However, if the two parts are completely separated or if the upper part and the lower part are the same object has not been clarified“.- Peter Lindberg
Many 90 degree angles and straight lines within the object. They appear to be like walls or passageways approx. .5 – 1.5 meters deep and 1 – 1,5 meters wide, which are cut into the object. The walls are straight and smooth, and are made of a material resembling sandstone (samples have not yet been taken. “… the graves (passageways) are more like 1-1,5 meter wide and 0,5-1,5 meters deep”– Peter Lindberg, June 21, 2012
There are two holes on the anomaly. One is 25 centimeters in diameter, and the other is 2 meters surrounded by a square formation. It’s not yet known where the holes lead. “What I do not believe because I know, is the fact that we found a round hole approx 25 cm in diameter going straight into the surface of the circle, how odd is not that? How deep? No idea, we just saw it for some seconds before we decided to back off to preserve the visibility for the divers that was going down later on.” – Peter Lindberg, June 20, 2012
THE STAIR-LIKE FEATURE
It looks like there are stair-like structures on the top right side (North-East) as well as the lower bottom left (South-West) of the 60 meter circular object. (Peter confirmed the “staircase” reference was only an example to describe what he saw and that steps on the lower south-west side are comprised of 8 steps with each step a 1 meter drop starting from the missing section on the left.)
“The staircase comment was slipped from my mouth, and probably too early. I have seen something that looks like a stair, or steps, on the Multi Beam raw data. And it looks like they are going from the missing part on the left side of the side scan image from last year and down to the bottom. I could only count eight of them and that should mean that every step should be like a meter high which is a bit to high for a person to use. If there actually are something that looks like steps they probably just natural.” – Peter Lindberg, – June 28, 2012 “Someone asked about the stairs, there is stair shaped formations but I do not know if I have got it right. I thought they were on one side but on the Multi beam image they appeared to be on an other side. I will come back to the stairs when I can study an image from a different angle.” – Peter Lindberg, July 22, 2012
Expedition occurrences which may be of significance:
Electronic disturbances with equipment started on the water’s surface, but it was on their way down to the anomaly that the problems increased.
1) The satellite phone didn’t work when the boat was directly over the object , but just some tenth meters away from position they worked again.
2) Electrical problems were experienced on ALL expedition to the anomaly, the camera stopped working. Lamps stopped working, satellite phones stopped working, some technical issues with the robot. Electrical camera, Blue view function stopped working. . but the team is not sure if its related to anomaly, as he said it is normal for him.
3) A strong radio signal of 40-50 megahertz was picked up when they were near the object. (Dennis said that it wasn’t coming from the object.)
4) Strange thermometer reading: “The surface waters @ 6m of depth had approx. 15 degrees C. The -1 were actually on the way down. in mid water @ approx 40m depth then gradually warmer and around 2 @ the bottom. This was recorded on all the dives…. The thing is that the Baltic sea is surrounded by really cold climate during the winter and warm temperatures during the summer. In the middle of the summer the surface temperature goes up to around 20 degree Celsius. but that is just the 2-3 meter close to the surface. At depths from approx. 40m and deeper it is usually around 4 degrees. The heat from the warmer surface never reach down. At this time of the year it gets colder the deeper you go. During the winter the surface temperature can be really cold depending on water movements but since an exact temperature is not important we can say it is around 0 degrees. The temperature from 40m down will still be around 4 degrees celcius the year around. At this time of the year the temperature gets warmer the deeper you go. The data we got from diving at the wreck of Astrid follows this simple rule. About 20 @ the surface, 4 degrees from 40m and there after. in other words warm at the surface and gradually colder the deeper we go till it reaches 4 degrees. At the anomaly we had around 20 @ the surface, -1 @ 40m, and 2 @ 90. on every dive including the ROV dives i sent my computer on. There might be somebody out there with a perfect explanation to this but I do not have that. ~ Stefan Hogeborn
5) Measurements show that the area is radioactive. What does that mean? When the diving at the mysterious circle was finished, they measured the radioactivity of cameras and other equipment used. It turned out that the background radiation was measured to 0.3 millisieverts, mSv, says Peter Lindberg. Normal radiation to be 0.01 mSv. (http://norrteljetidning.se/nyheter/1.1777137-radioaktivitet-vid-mystisk-cirkel Translation by Stefan Ohlsson)
NOTE: The following facts have been collected from the following sources: Quotes from Peter Lindberg and Dennis Asberg, and various news sources – see below links. (It is possible that some portions have also been taken from various other mainstream news websites. If there are any discrepancies to these facts, they should be listed in the comments section.)
- News sources:http://newsfeedresearcher.com/data/articles_t25/object-team-baltic.html
Thank you Peter for all of your hard work!!!